- · Coaching since 1987
- · USFSA Gold Medalist and PSA rated
- · Trained under Evy Scotvold, Carlo Fassi and Frank Carroll
- · Competed internationally for
West German and European teams from 1976 – 1980
- · Extensive ice show career
- · Staff member at Ice Castle International
- · Coached regional, national, and international competitors
- · email@example.com or (714)454-4641
Joan A Malarchuk
- Trained under World & Olympic Coach “John A.W. Nicks”
- Gold Figure and Freestyle USFSA Test
- 26 Years Coaching experience
- Master Freestyle Rating with PSA (Professional Skaters Association)
- CER (Continuing Education Requirement) Category A
- Member USFSA & PSA
- Coach beginner through Senior level Skaters
- *Freestyle , Moves In The Field, *Competitive Skaters, Adults, Recreational Skaters, *Hockey Skaters, All Ages and Levels
- Have Coached Skaters to: Nationals, Junior Nationals,Collegiate’s, Adult Nationals , Regionals, Sectionals
- Professional figure skating instructor. Specializing in ice dance and choreography. Concentrating on fundamentals of stroking and edge execution, with emphasis on body alignment.
EXPERIENCE AND HIGHLIGHTS
- Twenty five years teaching experience, coaching competitors at all levels on U.S. National and International teams (except for pairs). ISU World Championships choreographer. Candidate for PSA choreographer of the year in 2001.
- Worked with Christy Ness (coach of Olympic and World Champion Kristi Yamaguchi) for ten years. Worked with Kriztina Ragoczy, Hungarian National Team dance coach.
- Taught seminars with Betty Callaway ( Torvill and Dean’s coach), John Dowding (3 time Canadian National Dance champion and Olympic competitor).
- Along with teaching I am also an active Pro/Am competitor and skate with my test candidates to complete their ice dance proficiency levels.
EDUCATION AND AMATEUR COMPETITIVE EXPERIENCE
- USFS Gold Dance Medalist, International Dance Medalist, Gold Free Dance.
- 1979 U.S. National Junior Dance competitor, 1980 and 1981 U.S. National Senior Dance competitor
- 1980 U.S. Olympic Team candidate.
- Trained by: Mary Couense, Manfred Schnelldorfer, Angelica Buch, Darlene Gilbert, Ron Luddington, Robbie Kane, Frau Brown and Herr Igloostein
John Dowding and Lorna Wighton Aldridge
3 time Canadian Champion and 1980 Olympian. John (and his dance partner Lorna Wighton Aldridge) toured with Ice Capades and competed professionally, and John also coaches in the Bay area. His teams have won gold at several levels at Adult Nationals. Lorna has just recently moved from Lake Placid to the Bay Area and is now coaching there.
4 time U.S. National Champion, 1978 World Champion, and 1980 Olympic Bronze Medalist. Charlie toured with Ice Capades after he ended his amateur career. He currently coaches both youth and adults in the Bay Area.
- Coaches all ages and levels
- Trained and competed as a child and teenager, turned pro at the age of 17
- Traveled the world performing
- Synchronized skating coach
- Contact information: (702)303-8625 or firstname.lastname@example.org